* This blog is dedicated to learning Chinese through art.
* This particular project is about students creating Chinese Word Art, and in response to the word art and its meaning, creating their own poetry or other creative writing or public speaking, one or two sentences per Chinese character, one character per art page.
* The results of these efforts will be posted online with selections chosen to be published as a book using print-on-demand technology.
* Located in southeastern Vermont, students of Windham Southwest and Southeast Supervisory Unions together have this opportunity to explore and celebrate their creative expression within their community.
* This project, including the art exhibitions and initial printing of the book are supported through a grant from the Arts Endowment Fund of Vermont Community Foundation.
* At this time, the call is out for area middle and high school students, and local teachers, school administrators, parents, families and community members to join the steering committee to manage and assist in one or more tasks for the project.
* The list of project tasks and sign up box are located just below this section and also in the right column of this blog.
* To sign up, contact Project Coordinator Cai Xi Silver by e-mail [caixiart (at) gmail (dot) com] or phone [(802) 257-7898, extension 3], or use the contact form below to list your phone number and email, plus, choose one or more tasks to work on.
* The tasks for the project are currently divided into 21 areas .
* Let us know how you can help. After the list of tasks, there is the timeline and then some rationales.
* For those signing up, in addition to e-mail, please provide a number to reach you by phone with preferred times to call.